Volunteers, Simply Stated, Save Lives!
Without caring devoted volunteers, APS-FH would not accomplish the work we do. On any visit to the shelter you will find one or more of these animal advocates donating time and talent to promote a better world for animals and our community.
We are blessed to have one of the best shelters to be a volunteer. Though our facility is small, our residents, while they await new families, are able to enjoy plenty of time with staff and volunteers.
Canines get time out and about hiking or off site visits to town and the beach. Felines fare no worse, some enjoy full run of the office, coming and going as they please while others have roomy community spaces. Our goal is to keep our pets in a homelike environment, keep them active and well socialized while in our care. Our shelter can provide this comfort and care only through the help of volunteers.
You may think you have nothing to offer, but think again. We have need for helpers with all types of skills and levels of commitment. Please give us a call at the shelter with any questions or don’t hesitate to stop by for a tour.
Ways to Volunteer:
At The Shelter:
- Dog walking, socialization, feeding, cleaning, grooming, basic health care, training and obedience
- Adoption advocacy and mobile adoption assistance
- Office assistance; answering phones, writing pet bios and filing
- Pet and brush cats or kittens
Foster Care Program:
- Special animals who need the kind and individual care found only in a home
- One-on-one attention breaks up the monotony of shelter life and helps with socialization and rehabilitation
At Treasure Hounds – Our Upscale, Resale Store:
- Staffing the store
Fundraising and Community Outreach:
- Grant writing, donor database, volunteer coordinator